~ Donate for Film and Development ~
~click HERE~ If you'd like to help out. It would be of course very much appreciated!

Sunday 7 October 2012

~Tweed Ride~

Camera: Minolta X-7A + Asahi Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8
Film:  Fujicolor 400

Stumbled upon the Tweed Ride while on my regular photoshoot strolls on Queen street~ 
For those of you who have no clue what this event is about (and I personally had never heard of it before either), it happens once a year in Toronto, where a group of people wearing tweed, and basically dressed up in the ~1930-50's, bike around the city of Toronto.
The route is revealed to the part
icipants the day of, so it's impossible for an outsider to know where their stop locations are.
But as determined as I am, it was too good of an opportunity to get great fashion photos to give up! So I decided to follow them as best as I could...on foot!
I don't know how I managed.... but I definitely got my share of workout for the day~ Couldn't feel my legs after that.....but it was definitely worth it!

I hope you'll enjoy these few shots~
© Photos by Lian Leng
 I arrived just when they were starting a hat competition ~

Leeay Aikawa
Occupation: Illustrator/designer, specializing in collage and fashion illustrations. Check out her amazing work @ LeeayAikawa
Hair band: DIY
Coat: Stella Luna (Queen St. West)
Fur Collar: Sunday antique market @ St. Lawrence market
Shoes: vintage store on Gladstone and Dundas
Purse: Kensington


Virginia & Barnabe
Such a lovely couple, I wish I had more time to photograph these two. It was a real pleasure chatting with them~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...